2.06.2006

I Love Evan and Mark / Date Day

I had the funnest day with Evan yesterday. We went to the thrift store. He walked away from me for a minute and came back decked out in the funniest outfit. He was wearing cowboy boots, brown polyester pants, a bolo tie, corderoy jacket, a pimpish looking cowboy hat with tiger printed band, and BIG square fade-down sunglasses (which he just had to buy.) I totally did not recognize him. Then he picked out a super-B girl outfit for me, red/white star bikini top, yellow bikini bottom, wonderwoman belt, knee high boots and a cape. I didn't try it on. But I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Today, Mark is taking me to dinner and a movie after school. I am really looking forward to it. We are going to see "Good Night and Good Luck" about McCarthyism. Appropriate because in religions class today, we talked about Galileo's trial in the Spanish Inquisition "are you now or have you ever been a Copernican."

I want to go on a study abroad. Can you take your husband on those things?

2 comments:

Mckay said...

I am commenting on the loving family remark..

I agree with you that unconditional love of family is important and good balance to life. However, just because a family member has an opinion doesn't mean that is cause for repultion or regress from that member. I believe (I know I am opinionated) that with family we should acknowledge each of our difference's and have open minds as far as their opinion's.

To Quote Depeche Mode's / Somebody. http://archives.depechemode.com/lyrics/somebody.html

"I want somebody to share
Share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts
Know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side
And give me support
And in return
She'll get my support
She will listen to me
When I want to speak
About the world we live in
And life in general
Though my views may be wrong
They may even be perverted
She will hear me out
And won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking
In fact she'll often disagree
But at the end of it all
She will understand me"

I think of this often when I get into a good verbal disscusion with my wife and she sometime's close's her eyes because she is so one sided with her opinions, but I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!! how could I argue...(but I do anyway).

I like people who are into free thinking and especially those with an educated opinion.. but I do not aways agree with them.. THANK GOD I AM AN AMERICAN AND HAVE THAT RIGHT... (no relegious context ment.. for those of you that know me, you know what I am talking about)

Mckay, your older (better looking than most of the other brother's) brother..

Mona said...

We completely agree. My main point was that you don't have to like who they are, how they are, or what they think to love unconditionally and respect entirely exactly how they are.

I made this comment because I heard that mom's been getting treated poorly by people who do not respect her choices. I think her choices are irrespective of the respect and unconditional support she deserves as our matriarch.