5.06.2006

Make up my mind

As you've noticed, I'm posting my comics now. They're fun. But they don't do any good in my filing drawer.

Anyway - help me decide... I'm trying to logically decide if it is better to take my big exam next week with a very low probability of passing just to have some experience with it or reschedule it for the end of summer and study like crazy all summer. Either way, I'm out money. Rescheduling is cheaper than taking it twice. My practice tests are getting 40% or lower. I will only be buying 12 weeks to study, or roughly 250 hours. I might improve by 25% or more... which may put me in the curve at the lower end of the passing 40% of test takers... I don't want to feel like I'm procrastinating to avoid responsibility. Especially since I already rescheduled once, and I'm not much better off with the three months that bought me because school priorities in the balance made it hard to put in more than 5-8 hours a week. I would prefer never to look at the study materials again. If I reschedule, I would need to put myself on a very disciplined schedule and not mess around during the summer much at all. (What a bummer.) But, I would probably be studying for it again if I failed anyway, so there's not much difference in that respect.

No comments: