1.17.2006

First Day of School

School's officially underway again. I had just gotten my goofing off groove going, too. (We got a gameboy for Christmas... I'm suddenly a girl-gamer. Who would've guessed, but I'm really hooked!)

I'm taking Fractals, Death & Dying, Ritual/Symbol/Myth, and my personal favorite, Intermediate Probability. (I took Advanced Probability last semester, did well, and this particular course is designed to help pass the actuary exam... convenient because I have to do that anyway. Now I get credit for it!)

The Death one may sound strange. It's for a cultural perspective credit and I am really looking forward to it, mostly. (Except for the part where I have to interview a funeral home director.)

The Fractals is my sweet spot. It is a nuance of math that fascinates me and I have always wanted to have more than a superficial understanding of this interesting facet of math. If you don't know what fractals are, they are complex, infinite, symmetrical geometric figures. Check out some pretty graphical demonstrations here.

No comments: