6.16.2007

life

I just had one of those vivid dreams where you can't distinguish reality even for a while after you wake up because it seems so real.

This one started with a gang member shooting me in the top of the head for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. For the rest of the dream, I was slowly dying.

My first thought was, "but I just finished college and he shot me in the brain." Irony. And it sort of felt funny, but it didn't hurt. And I thought, "so this is what dying feels like."

And then I felt a growing sadness as I flashed on, not my historical life, but all the treasures I have in life now... and all the wonderful moments I will miss.

I really love every moment in my experience. My dream made me feel nostalgic for what currently is. It was kind of a weird one, but deeply thought provoking.

No comments: