5.19.2007

we love peanut butter

chicken satay peanut sauce
melt in a saucepan for 3-5 minutes the following:
2 t creamy peanut butter
2 t soy sauce
1-2 minced or chopped garlic cloves
1/4 c water
1 t brown sugar
We drizzle it on herbed chicken kabobs and serve with rice, but you can put it on anything if you like it.

PB & Life Bars
(i made this up)
toast some nuts. I used 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts and 1/3 c sliced almonds in butter flavored spray in a saute pan. Toss with
5 cups Life Cereal
1/2 cup broken preztels

Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt:
1/8 c Light corn syrup
1 T honey
1/4 c fim packed brown sugar
4 T creamy peanut butter
1 t vanilla
1 package large marshmallows

Then mix the melted goo with the dry stuff and pressed into a well greased pan to set up overnight. A bar the size of a deck of cards is better for you than 1/3 of a candy bar.

If I had any chocolate in the house, I would have drizzled some on the top. But chocolate at my house is always a shortlived thing. I did have a snickers bar and thought heavily about chopping it into the recipe - and it would have been REALLY good, but I bought the candybar for Mark. So I ate half of it, and gave him the rest instead. That's how nice I am.

This is how domesticated I was today: I made a scrapbooking page, made dinner, did 9 loads of laundry, made marshmallow treats, washed the dishes, read 1/2 of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and grocery shopped. Plus, I bought and ate half of the candybar. Okay. I'm feeling guilty.

As you can see... Mona does not know what to do with herself when she doesn't have to study. This is new. Who knows? Maybe tomorrow I will pick up my messes all over the house.

No comments: