8.12.2006

Something Different

I actually cooked something I've never had before today. I looked at a ton of different recipes and combined them to make my own. It was terrific, so I am passing it on. Take my lead and try this adventure soon.


Mona's Chicken Cacciatore

1 T olive oil
3 large chicken breasts, boneless/skinless
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 t rosemary
1 t dried basil
1 t oregano
1/4 t pepper
2 bay leaves
1/2 c onion chopped
1/2 c celery chopped
1/2 c bell pepper chopped into 1 inch strips
1 (26 oz) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce

Brown the chicken (I use my little indoor grill because it is faster). Chop the (not completely cooked) chicken into 1 inch squares. In a skillet on medium heat (careful or you will burn the garlic), mix the vegetables and seasons for a couple minutes. Add the chicken and tomato stuff. Cover and simmer roughly 20 minutes.
Serve over hot pasta. (Spaghetti is the most traditional for this dish. You can start the pasta when you cover the sauce and just serve it when the noodles are ready. It doesn't have to be exactly 20 minutes. The longer you simmer, the richer the flavor of the sauce. Some recipes call for an hour of simmering.) I melted some italian cheese blend over the top and served with steamed asparagus.
YUMM!
Also, I am really proud of Mark's latest accomplishment. Check out his website link for more details.

No comments: