8.15.2006

Game Plan

By this time tomorrow I will be sitting down to take my test. AGHH!

So what am I doing with my time today? So far, nothing related. I put my laundry away. I'm trying not to think about it or get too stressed out. I'm going to sit down in a coffee shop and work a few problems, go to the gym to cycle, and then take a hot bath and go to bed early.

At work, before the test, I am going to do flash cards, do concentration exersizes and write scrapbooking journals. (You only get 2 hours of peak brain use per day and my test is 3.5 hours long - so I'm not doing any higher level thinking before the test.) Maybe I'll do some suduku puzzles. That's always good for turning on the logic centers of the brain.

I am going to do a lot of positive thinking, have a confident attitude that my best will be enough. However, I will also try to remember that taking the test, even if my best is not enough, will give me advantage if I need to retake it and will satisfy a lot of potential employers that I am committed to becoming certified... so that I do not become catatonic if it isn't going well in there.

I will (pass or fail) post my results for the world when they come out in six weeks. I will not be embarassed if I fail, because 60 percent of attempts on this test do. I'd be in good company. Sometimes it takes three or four attempts.

I guess I better get on with my day. I'm putting it off because as long as I've been puttering around the house in my PJ's, I've been able to ignore the subtle stress going on. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

damhandiman said...

Luck

Mona said...

Thanks. I think your luck did the job.