8.09.2012

post and rail

I didn't get very far on the porch project Tuesday, because my (just bought rusty old wonderful) van was stolen from my work's parking lot and I had to spend most of the evening filling out police reports and getting a ride home.  And then I was just emotionally exhausted after reading my insurance policy and realizing that I didn't elect full coverage that I just sat around feeling sorry for myself for the rest of the day.

But yesterday, I tightened my bootstraps and got back to work.  After a few swear words, Mark's good idea and some luck, the top rail came on very easily.  We still need to make a minor adjustment to how it is seated, but we have a front rail.  We *hope* we can install the two side rails AND get the shopping and floor prep done tonight to start installing 600 square foot of hard wood flooring tomorrow.


No comments: