4.15.2009

first couple months

Ya'll may have already seen this picture on Facebook, but here is the 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks. Now that the secret is out, I will catch everyone up and then post monthly updates on how things are going.

Month 1: We found out. Early-ish because we were trying. I did not do anything crazy to tell Mark. I just called him at work at 6:30 am and said "I'm pregnant." He was really excited! He turned to his friend Gabe and said, "DUDE! MY WIFE IS PREGNANT!!!" Wow. I did some research on my health insurance and found Dr. Right. Google, you really do have everything. I was already taking prenatals and trying to eat healthy, so the only thing that changed was the freaky stuff happening to my body: FATIQUE, a bunch of bloody noses, weird circulation sensations, and eventually perpetual nausea. Regarding cravings, mexican food (which Mark would argue has nothing to do with the pregnancy,) chocolate milk, and saltine crackers.

I took a profile picture of my tummy -- sucking in, so I don't start out already looking a few months pregnant. But, lets be realistic. I had a pizza and burritos stockpile sufficient for someone to suggest I was already "showing." That picture will go to the grave with me. Sorry, fan base.

Month 2: This went by fast, despite the fact that I could have vomited on you at any moment. I got really picky about foods because the only time I actually threw up was when I put the wrong thing in. I rarely even got to swallow it. It and everything in my stomach would go. Mark had enormous fun talking about runny eggs everytime I went a little green. Thanks for your support, hon. You're the greatest.

My schedule got all out of whack. I would sleep from dinner to morning, study during my best energy times, work for a few hours, nap at lunch, and then work a few more hours and go home to eat and pass out again. If I didn't call you, I'm sorry. I probably fell asleep. Ironically, WITHOUT COFFEE, I became a morning person (I already hate the baby.)

Month 3 ends in 8 days, so I will post that later.