7.13.2005

Kaizen

I learned a cool word.

Kaizen: The Japanese term that means continuous improvement, taken from words 'Kai' means continuous and 'zen' means improvement.

The same japanese word Kaizen is pronounced as 'Gai San' in chinese meaning : The action to correct.

~
The principle is to apply kaizen in miniscule doses on something you've tried unsuccessfully to correct in big ways in the past.

I am feeling some noticable differences by doing this. Particularly with my eating. I just decided to only eat while seated at the kitchen table, and only foods that take my personal time (not the microwave) to prepare. So, I reduce my desire to snack unnecessarily, since I am fundamentally too lazy to prepare something if I'm not genuinely needing to eat.

I've added lots of little things since I started and it's pretty cool.

On the wedding front, I got all the decorations and flowers set up. There are only a few things left to do, but they are all pretty time consumingly major.... Food, renting stuff, registry, and announcements.

I have four weeks until school drops back in. I can't wait to flex my brain again. I've had a great time turning it into a sponge with novels and projects, but it likes the challenge.

No comments: