3.25.2005

The Scion Is In (the Carport)

So I picked up the Scion xB today. I am really excited. I realized that in my adult life, I have had a car that ran 18 months out of the 11 years. Now, we just have to get another one and we'll be farther than where we started when Mark's car died.

On another note, there should be some kind of cap on interest and lending profiteering. It's completely unethical and is a kind of preditory practice that strangles the poorer of us. I realize that 1/5 of my car cost is interest. This car will probably last 10 years MAX and in that time, 1/4 of my income will go to paying for it. So, five cents on every dollar I make will go toward the interest on this loan until it is paid off. That is almost $4 a day. I could sponsor a whole lot of orphans in developing countries just with my interest. How sad that I'm giving it to a multinational corporation's lending department instead.

No comments: